Thank you so much to everyone out there on the frontlines of this crisis and the folks supporting them through efforts like this. It is amazing to see what our community is capable of when we work together. Here are some updates from the week:
- Malvern Borough Police have joined the project. Read about it on the Malvern Patch!
- Our Masketeers have delivered 1,301 handmade masks to community workers and groups.
- We’d like to thank these donors: Marcy Chestnut, Maria McCabe, Susan Vassello, Elizabeth Prungel Casperite, “Sew Loved” at Cornerstone Fellowship in Coatesville PA for 37 mask donation, Mask Ministry of the Church of the Holy Trinity in West Chester, and Blue Star Mothers of Philadelphia PA9.
- We’re growing, growing, and growing. Our core volunteer group is up to 20 people and we’re getting multiple requests a day to join our Volunteer Facebook group with over 268 members!
- Since our volunteers are moving so quickly, we feel it won’t be long before we make enough masks for our essential county workers. After that point, we will be able to fulfill requests from community groups. Please contact us to let us know how many masks your group will need. You will be notified when they will be available.
Even if you can’t sew, there are plenty of ways to help with the project. A simple way is to share! The more we share, the more masks we make, and the more lives we save!